A baby monitor with a split-screen is a baby monitoring camera that provides two screens on the same device. One screen displays the baby’s room while the other displays what you are doing in another room of your home. The baby monitor with split-screen gives parents peace of mind knowing they can see their baby at all times, even when they are busy elsewhere in the home.
But how do you get the most out of this type of baby monitor? That’s what we will answer below!
What is a baby monitor with a split screen and how does it work?
A baby monitor with a split-screen is a baby monitoring camera that provides two screens on the same device. One screen displays the baby’s room while the other displays what you are doing in another room of your home. The baby monitor with a split-screen gives parents peace of mind knowing they can see their baby at all times, even when they are busy elsewhere in the home. But how do you get the most out of this type of baby monitor? That’s what we will answer below!
Why use a split-screen on your screen?
It provides two screens that allow for greater visibility and quality picture. Having both rooms displayed simultaneously allows parents to multitask while watching over their baby from afar. Parents can check emails, fold clothes or cook dinner without worrying about missing an important moment happening in another room.
The second screen also makes it easier to move around other parts of the house which is helpful if there is more than a baby to keep an eye on.
The baby monitor with split-screen provides both parents and baby security, comfort, and convenience. You can feel safe knowing you are always connected to your baby no matter how far away you are from the room they sleep in at night or nap during the daytime hours.
The baby monitor with a split-screen gives parents peace of mind that their baby is sleeping soundly while they do other things around the house. Since it’s easier for mommy (or daddy) and baby to stay connected using this type of device, there will be less anxiety about separation which leads to healthier development overall!
The benefits of using a split-screen
- baby stays safe and parents have peace of mind knowing they can see the baby from another room in the home.
- it’s easier to move around the house with both screens on one device. Parents don’t need to worry about missing important moments when the baby is napping.
- baby still feels connected during nighttime hours even if not in the same room thanks to split-screen technology that allows for a clear picture no matter where you are or what you’re doing!
How to set up the camera for the best viewing experience?
- Attach the baby monitor to a wall, shelf, or dresser. This will allow you to adjust it as needed and keep it stable enough for clear images.
- Keep your baby’s room well-lit at night by leaving a lamp on in their bedroom or placing a nightlight near the baby’s bed that is easy to reach if they wake up during the middle of the night. For daytime, monitoring makes sure there are no dark shadows from heavy drapes filtering light into the baby’s room.
The camera should be able to take advantage of natural lighting as much as possible without glare coming directly towards its lens.
- Only place cameras where people will not accidentally bump them which could lead to damage and decrease picture quality.
- If the baby is sleeping in a crib or bassinet, place the baby monitor at least one foot away from the baby’s head. This will prevent damage to the camera and ensure optimal picture quality for monitoring the baby.
- If you have more than one child sharing a room, be sure to adjust the cameras so they can each see their own bed.
- For daytime use, it’s best if the baby is within eyesight of your device but out of arms reach when older babies may climb on furniture with unpredictable results.
- Try not to mount devices too high up which could lead to vision impairment as the baby grows into an active toddler trying new things around the house. Keep track of how far down baby crawls along walls
Common questions answered about this split screen baby monitor
What baby monitors offer split screen viewing and what baby monitor brands have this feature?
The most popular baby monitor with split screens is the VAVA. While this baby video monitor does not give you a full, live view of both children in one picture, it offers independent views on each camera when activated from within the parent unit.
|Top List||Editors Choice:|
|Best Baby Monitor with Split-screen for Twins||VAVA VA-IH009|
|The Top Non-Wifi Baby Monitor||Infant Optics DXR-8 PRO|
|The Top 2-3-4 Camera Baby Monitor||Babysense HD S2|
|The Best Video Baby Monitor||VAVA VA-IH006|
|The Top Baby Monitor with Wi-Fi®||Nanit Pro|
|Wi-Fi Baby Monitors With Multiple Cameras||Motorola LUX65-2|
This allows for more peace of mind that your little ones are safe while allowing parents to see where they need to go without disturbing them or needing to bring another device into their room if only checking on baby one.
Can I watch my older child playing in his room with the same baby monitor as he sleeps at night?
Yes, many models allow you to toggle between cameras. If you have a baby monitor with a split-screen, activate the camera in your older child’s room to see if they are still sleeping.
Can I use night vision on my baby monitor?
The best split-screen baby monitors offer a combination of both color viewing and black/white infrared night vision. That way when it is dark out, you can let any natural light filter through while using the extra feature for occasional nighttime checkups so the baby has enough comfort to fall asleep without getting too worked up over lights being shined directly into their face.
Comparison of baby monitor this split-screen
|Models/Features||VAVA VA-IH009||Babysense HD S2||Motorola MBP50-G2||Babysense V43||Moonybaby Split 60|
|Screen Size||5" IPS||5" LCD||5”||4.3"||4.3"|
|Wider Range (open space)||1000ft||1000ft||900ft||960ft||1000ft|
|Battery life with audio and screen||10 hours||12 hours||3-5 hours||4-6 hours||12 hours|