Article from United States CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY COMMISSION – Safe Sleep – Cribs and Infant Products Information Center
If you just had a baby, are expecting, or are taking care of a young infant it is very important to create a risk-free sleep setting for your baby. Due to the fact that babies spend a lot of their time resting, the nursery should be the safest area in the house. Take a couple of moments to learn about risk-free rest.
With any kind of crib, bassinet, or play backyard, follow a couple of straightforward regulations to maintain children resting securely.
- To stop suffocation, never position cushions or thick patchworks in a baby’s rest setting.
- Ensure there are no spaces larger than two fingers in between the sides of the baby crib and the cushion.
- Correct setting up of baby cribs is paramount – Follow the directions offered and also ensure that every component is installed appropriately. If you are not sure, call the producer for aid.
- Do not use cribs older than 10 years or damaged or modified baby cribs. Infants can strangle to fatality if their bodies pass through spaces between loosened components or broken slats while their heads remain entrapped.
- Establish play lawns properly according to suppliers’ directions. Just make use of the cushion pad given with the play backyard; do not add added padding.
- Never ever put a baby crib near a home window with blind, drape cords, or baby monitor cables; babies can strangle on cords.
|Best cribs for babies||Dream On Me Jayden 4-in-1|
|The best mattres for baby crib||Graco Premium|
|Best portable baby crib for travel||BabyBjorn travel crib|
|Best mattress for baby cribs||Graco Premium|
|The best crib changing table||Storkcraft Portofino 4-in-1|